Saturday, July 26, 2014

No More Tomorrow

Tomorrow is not guaranteed and yet I spend about 80% of my time worried about tomorrow. I get so focused on the future that I forget to enjoy the present. I just pass through each day looking forward to plans that I have tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year when I might not even make it to tonight. I have to start living in the present. I have to start saying what I want to say and doing what I want to do instead of holding back. I have to start taking my life one day at a time, one second at a time.
Life is too short to be spent wasted with regrets, fear, and worry. We really have nothing to lose because we all are going to end up dead anyway.
Why are we not making the most of our time? Why do we not tell those we love how much we love them? Why do we hold back? Why do we make ourselves miserable? It's time we all start focusing on the present and enjoy the little parts of life. The most important parts of life are the little things like simple conversations between you and your loved ones, watching sunrises and sunsets, the way that little child smiles at you in the store, the beauty of the world you see on our drive home from work, the way you feel when someone compliments you, and the list goes on.

Today I challenge you.
I challenge you to call the person you can't stop thinking about and tell them how much they mean to you.
I challenge you to take a minute for yourself and just admire the beauty around you.
I challenge you to take a risk.
I challenge you to let go of your regrets.
I challenge you to stop worrying about things you can't change and things that haven't happened yet.
I challenge you to do something you have always wanted to do.
And most importantly, I challenge you to really live in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment